Join Our Team!
NAMC is recognized as the go-to entity and most effective means to conduct research, development, prototyping and production for manned and unmanned autonomy-enabled military ground vehicle systems and related technologies in the United States. If you are interested in joining the NAMC team, please review our current openings listed below.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
NAMC is a consortium comprised of 450+ innovators from the U.S. Industry and Academia, who are dedicated to the development of manned and unmanned autonomy-enabled Ground Vehicle Systems and related technologies for the U.S. Warfighter. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating, improving and executing the internal and external projects for the organization. The Project Manager works with both Government and industry to deliver programs and projects based aligned with set goals and objectives of the NAMC and its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of project solicitation from announcement to award, which might include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the Government customer.
- Coordinating project changes with appropriate parties.
- Creating and maintaining project information on the NAMC website.
- Interfacing with Government and industry to answer questions.
- Distributing Requests for Information (RFI) and coordinating responses.
- Organizing virtual or in-person Industry Days as requested.
- Maintaining documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Receiving member proposal packages and coordinating compliance, evaluation and award execution with the Government.
- Subcontract management to include performance of milestones and deliverables.
- Tracking project costs against budgets.
- Coordinating incremental funding actions with the contracts department.
- Always acting, first and foremost, as an advocate for NAMC membership with the Government, representing their interests.
- Administrative tasks as required and/or at the request of NAMC leadership, such as:
- Reviewing and editing documents
- Creating presentations
- Special Projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and four or more years related experience, directly relevant experience, or equivalent combination or applicable experience required.
- Defense experience preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects, often with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and organize and prioritize tasks according to shifting demands on time and resources.
- Maintains project schedules.
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working as a team member engaged in tasks requiring teamwork and performance to schedules.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Must successfully pass a background to access sensitive information and automated systems.
- Individual must meet the definition of a U.S. Person upon hire due to the risk assessment of this position.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to learn new information and skills along the way.
- Exercise one’s duties and responsibilities in a careful manner, discerning when to seek the advice and guidance of NAMC officials as appropriate.
To Apply For This Position
Please send your resume and cover letter to Recruiting@NAMConsortium.org and include the position title in your subject line.